Check out the Youth Behind-the-Scenes Fun and Hands-On Learning at These Special Summer Camps
With summertime right around the corner and summer plans firming up quickly, I wanted to share info about one of the wildest summer programs around: Zoo Camp at the Santa Barbara Zoo!
Santa Barbara Zoo Camps offer children ages 3–12 the opportunity to explore animals and science in a safe, beautiful environment. There are many Zoo Camps offered throughout the year. During the summer, kids are invited to attend the Zoo’s week-long camps which include:
- Hands-on science activities
- Snack and lunch time
- Up-close animal encounter (feeding opportunity or animal enrichment experience)
- Guided Zoo tours
This traditional award-winning Zoo Camp is offered in half-day and full-day options.
Specialty Zoo Camps
Parents may also choose to send their kids to one of the new Specialty Camps that cater to your child’s specific interests. All Specialty Camps are full-day camps, and offered for specific weeks of summer.
The specialty camp that caught my eye asks kids: “Are You Pet Ready?” Let the knowledgeable zookeepers help your kids discover the answer to that question. Children learn and practice how to bond with, feed, train, groom and, yes, clean up after a pet. For kids 6–12.
Not interested in Santa Barbara Zoo Camp? Not to worry. The Santa Barbara Zoo is open all year long, dedicated to the preservation, conservation, and enhancement of the natural world and its living treasures through education, research, and recreation. Home to 146 species of mammals, reptiles, birds and insects, more than 500 animals are exhibited in open, naturalistic habitats.
As a Santa Barbara Zoo Member, you are part of a network of thousands of individuals and families who support the Zoo’s mission of preserving, conserving, and enhancing the natural world and its living treasures.
- Free admission (during regular hours) for a full year
- Free parking (while visiting the Zoo during regular hours)
- Special events – just for Members and their guests
- 10% Gift Store discount
- Zoo News quarterly Member magazine
- Free or discounted admission to more than 100 zoos & aquariums
- Discounts on education workshops including Zoo Camp
- Discounts on birthday parties
- Discounts on Zoo train rides, giraffe feedings, and Climb for Condors tickets
- Membership fee is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law
Visiting the Santa Barbara Zoo is just one of the many benefits of living here, especially for families with kids. If you’re ready to buy or sell a home in Montecito, Hope Ranch or any of Santa Barbara’s upscale communities you must check out my comprehensive website. Please call me at 805.886.9378 or email me at Cristal@montecito-estate.com.