If you are a foodie then you won’t want to miss Santa Barbara’s first James Beard Celebrity Chef Tour Dinner on Monday, November 21st. The “Julia & James Dinner Celebration,” honoring James Beard and Julia Child, will be hosted at Santa Barbara’s Fess Parker – A Doubletree by Hilton Resort — and will feature seven delectable courses of haute cuisine prepared by an array of celebrated international chefs.
The Santa Barbara dinner begins at 7pm with a cocktail reception followed by a one-night-only, multi-course dinner (with premium wine pairings), and ending with a decadent dessert course and a Q&A session with the evening’s chefs including:
- Kat Cora, an American professional chef best known for her featured role as an “Iron Chef” on the Food Network television show Iron Chef America and as co-host of Around the World in 80 Plates on Bravo.
- Kirk Delong, Executive Chef at Fess Parker’s Doubletree Resort
- Christopher Eme, Chef/Owner of the restaurant ORTOLAN
- Giles Epie, a leading French chef. He was the youngest chef to receive the prestigious Michelin Star when he was 22 years old. He currently owns and runs Citrus Etoile along with his wife in Paris.
- Ray Garcia, Chef/Owner Broken Spanish & BS Taqueria.
- David LeFevre, Chef Partner of Manhattan Beach Post, Fishing with Dynamite, and The Arthur J. Lover of Manhattan Beach and the Ramones.
Founded in 1986, the James Beard Foundation (JBF) celebrates, nurtures, and honors America’s diverse culinary heritage through programs that educate and inspire. A cookbook author and teacher with an encyclopedic knowledge about food, the late James Beard was a champion of American cuisine. He helped educate and mentor generations of professional chefs and food enthusiasts, instilling in them the value of wholesome, healthful, and delicious food.
Today JBF continues in the same spirit by administering a number of diverse programs that include educational initiatives, food industry awards, and scholarships for culinary students, publications, chef advocacy training, and thought-leader convening. The Foundation also maintains the historic James Beard House in New York City’s Greenwich Village as a “performance space” for visiting chefs.
Tickets for the dinner are limited, and priced at $230.00 inclusive of tax and tip. Tables of ten are specially priced at $2,000.
The James Beard Celebrity Chef Tour will be a culinary experience that you won’t want to miss! Imagine leaving the dinner and heading to your luxury Santa Barbara home. Make that image a reality! Check out my amazing listings in Montecito and other upscale communities in Santa Barbara, then give me a call at 805.886.9378 or email me at Cristal@montecito-estate.com. Bon Appétit!