Check out 8 front door colors trending today
Front doors have the twin purpose of inviting people in and keeping people out. A quality door, like the 20ft floating front door of marble and Birdseye maple from my Extraordinary Modernist Masterpiece listing pictured above, can attract the attention of neighbors and buyers, while deterring the attention of burglars. The front door remains a common point of entry for home intruders. A door that looks old, flimsy, worn-out, and easy to breach is simply an open invitation to thieves.
Think about it. The front door is the most important element on the exterior of your home. It should stand out and say “Welcome.” Project your personality through your front door color, providing a promise of what’s inside. Changing your front door’s color gives you a chance to make an inexpensive mark on your home’s personality.
Apple’s Paint the Front Door app makes it easy to select the right color. The app gives you the ability to see what your home would look like in any color. Take a picture of your front door, select from one of the 24 carefully selected colors from the emotional color wheel and choose the color that is an expression of you. Here’s a list of colors that are hot now:
- Bright red. A bright red door might seem a bit “out there” for a traditional home, but not if it has a classic paneled design and traditional brassware that tones down the shade.
- Think pink. The neighbors will be talking about your unusual pink front door. Not shocking but not shy and retiring either. Use a salmon shade.
- Orange you glad to be home? Also in the “notice me” department, a vibrant shade of orange is hard to beat
- Bright Blue for the great Pacific Ocean. Here in Santa Barbara, bright blue is always an excellent choice. It suits the coastal feel of the house and works well with gray siding and a white wall.
- Basic black. Black is always incredibly popular because it looks super smart and never goes out of style.
- Navy hue. Try a deep indigo, add a matte finish to give a modern edge.
- Transform with yellow. You’ll simply have to tell everyone, “You can’t miss it. It’s the house with the yellow door.”
- Go green. You can’t go wrong if you go green. Doors painted green look especially good with lots of greenery in your front yard.
As you can see, there are many choices when it comes to a new front door color. There are also lots of options when it comes to finding your dream home in Montecito, Hope Ranch or any of Santa Barbara’s upscale communities. Please check out my comprehensive website then give me a call at 805.886.9378 or email me at Cristal@montecito-estate.com. I’d love to help you find a new place to live and will happily offer you my two-cents when it comes to the right color to paint your front door!