We who are fortunate enough to live in Santa Barbara have a lot to be happy about. Life is easy. Life is relaxing. People are carefree, healthy and full of enthusiasm. The area is absolutely stunningly beautiful, and everyone seems to realize this fact all of the time. There is an undercurrent of positive energy that permeates every inch of the Central Coast.
Being a human being, we can get the blues, even living in paradise. Here are 15 facts sourced from Reddit that just might chase those blues away and make a world of a difference to your mood:
- The actor who is the voice of Winnie the Pooh calls up children in cancer wards to cheer them up. Voice actor Jim Cummings puts on Winnie the Pooh’s voice and tells the children how much he loves them and how brave they are.
- Penguins mate for life, and they propose by giving their prospective mate a pebble. Apparently a male penguin spends a lot of time looking for the best pebble to give to his special lady.
- A 6-year-old applied for a job at a railroad museum and was hired as director of fun. In his letter he wrote, “I have an electric train track. I am good on my train track. I can control two trains at once.”
- Every year, hundreds of new trees are planted because squirrels forget where they bury their nuts.
- Cows have BFFs. They get stressed when separated from their best friends.
- This smiley animal exists. It’s called a quokka. It’s the size of a cat, and it lives in Australia.
- There’s an island called Okunoshima in Japan filled with tame bunnies. Also, a group of bunnies is called a fluffle.
- Blind people smile even if they haven’t seen a smile before. It’s a natural human expression.
- The actors who voiced Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor, were married in real life. Both of them were named Disney legends in 2008.
- Katy Perry has a cat named Kitty Purry.
- There is an uninhabited island called Pig Beach in the Bahamas where pigs swim around all day.
- You used to be part of a star. Read more about it here. This means we are all “out of this world.”
- Just because red pandas exist.
- Otters hold hands when they sleep so they won’t drift away from the group.
- Whatever you’re upset about right now will eventually pass. And that’s a fact.
Do you have more facts to be happy about that you would like to share? I would love to hear about them. I would also be happy to show you what’s on the market in Santa Barbara, Hope Ranch, Montecito and the other surrounding upscale communities. Just give me a call at 805.886.9378 or email me at Cristal@montecito-estate.com. With more than 25 years in the industry, I have the experience and knowledge to find you the perfect home!