Perched high in the foothills of the Santa Ynez Mountains and surrounded by the peaceful sylvan setting that is Toro Canyon Park, this incomparable 42 +/- -acre Toro Canyon estate seems a world away yet is mere minutes from all the wonderful amenities of nearby Montecito and Santa Barbara. The over 6000 sq. ft. main residence, its 2-bedroom guest house and multi-room cabaña were designed by award-winning architect Andy Neumann, and constructed to exacting detail and with use of the finest custom materials by master builders and craftspeople.
A stunning example of Modernism, the structures combine functional minimalism with expanses of retractable and Vitrosca Invisible Wall glass; focusing attention on the surrounding natural spectacle. The dramatic walls of glass along with walnut floors and cabinetry, and freestanding walls of precisely cut native sandstone deliver instant notice that this is a very special home. There are rooms where those stone walls embrace tastefully embedded fireplaces that, in turn, cast playful reflections on the nearby glass. The finest modern amenities and details embellish the home and add to its aesthetic, practical, and romantic value.
Many refer to this Toro Canyon estate as the most beautiful, and on the most beautiful lot, in all of Santa Barbara County. Resting within their environment rather than upon it, the estate’s main residence and secondary structures are set amidst understated landscaping utilizing native plants and majestic mature oaks. Their natural yet strategic placement complements the outstanding views experienced from both their interior and exterior. These are dwellings celebrating spaciousness and light, form and texture. On display are unparalleled panoramic vistas of mountains, ocean, Channel Islands, and beyond to the horizon.
Here on this singular perch, the genius of human design pays homage to matchless natural wonders.
Click the arrow to watch the video of this magnificent estate
MAIN TORO CANYON ESTATE RESIDENCE AT A GLANCE
(All square footage and dimensions are approximate.)
- Over 6,000 sq. ft. Floors and Cabinetry – Solid walnut
- Recessed lighting throughout
- Retractable Vitrosca Invisible Wall system
- Gallery Hallway – 50’ x 15’. The perfect space for sculpture display. Retractable glass to reflection pond, walking path and ocean view.
- Living Room -- 21' x 23'. Floor to ceiling native sandstone wall with embedded fireplace (through to library). Vitrosca glass retractable wall. Mountain views.
- Library -- 15' x 15'. Living room adjacent. Floor to ceiling native sandstone wall with embedded fireplace (through to living room). Mountain views. Opens to office and media room-den.
- Office – 12’ x 17’. Library adjacent. 2 Vitrosca glass walls. Opens to terrace. Mountain views.
- Media Room-Den – 12’ x 17’. Mountain views
- Kitchen (+ Pantry) – 9’ x 30’. Drop ceiling. Valcucine modular. Walnut cabinets and fronted center island. Ocean and mountain views. Opens to terrace. Open to living room.
- Wine Room – 8’ x 10’. Climate-controlled.
- Dining Room – 15’ x 24’. 3 Vitrosca glass retractable walls to terraces. Floor to ceiling native sandstone wall with embedded fireplace. Panoramic ocean, island and mountain view.
- Master Suite
- Bedroom – 15’ x 18’. Floor to ceiling native sandstone wall with embedded fireplace, flanked by floor to ceiling windows. Vitrosca glass retractable wall to terrace. Panoramic ocean, island and mountain view.
- Bath – 17’ x 25’. Extensive vanity with built-in walnut cabinetry. Free-standing soaking tub with ocean view. Dual sinks. Double-wide spa shower with dual heads and controls. Spacious seating.
- Closet – 11’ x 25’. Wall of built-in cabinets and drawers.
- Guest House – 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, living room, kitchen, terrace
- Cabaña – Functional multi-room floorplan with 2 baths
- Infinity-edge pool with in-pool spa
- Separate dining terrace with built-in barbecue
- Separate view terrace
- Walking paths
- Multiple overlooks
- Landscaping with native plants and multiple mature oaks
- Floors and Cabinetry – solid walnut
- Recessed lighting throughout
- Retractable Vitrosca Invisible Wall System
- A/C throughout the residence
- Thermal controlled automated shades
- Touchpad home automated system